Have you ever looked at a creature and thought, ‘Now why is it doing that?’ Or even, ‘What is it doing?’ Or ‘What is it?’ Perhaps you’ve heard a ‘tall tale’ about animal behaviour and would like to know whether it’s really true.
If you have a question and haven’t known whom to ask, just e-mail it to email@example.com
Each month Tim Jackson, our scientific editor,
answers the most interesting question sent in – and if it’s yours, you’ll win a pair of Lynx Series-18 8x32 binoculars worth R2 155!
With their high-grade, black leather covering, these small-bodied binoculars are ideal for wildlife enthusiasts and birdwatchers. Their Bak4 porro-prism glass and multi-coated optics provide excellent image clarity.
A chance to win a subscription to Africa Geographic magazine sponsored by Mahlatini Travel
Are you an Africa fanatic? If you have a passion for Africa’s incomparable wilderness, wildlife and cultures, tour operator Mahlatini African Travel, the luxury safari and beach holiday specialists, has just the competition for you. Mahlatini has been wild about Africa Geographic magazine for years and is offering 4 lucky winners a 12 month subscription to the magazine.
- The competition will be run via Mahlatini’s Facebook page over four weeks from Wednesday 5 September 2012. Mahlatini will be giving away an annual subscription to Africa Geographic every week during this period.
- To enter the competition, just head over to Mahlatini’s Facebook page and enter the competition via the competition tab.
- Winners will be announced via the Facebook page every Wednesday for four weeks, with the first winner being announced on Wednesday 12th September 2012.
- Winners will be asked to send their contact details to Mahlatini so that arrangements can be made for the monthly subscription to be delivered via post (12 magazines in total).
- If you are one of the lucky four to win a subscription to Africa Geographic, you will be delighted to receive, direct to your door, the latest edition of Africa Geographic every month for 12 months, wherever in the world you’re located.
Mahlatini is a Zulu word which broadly means bushman or "lover of the African bush". It is a sign of respect given to all travellers who discover that unique love for the wild places of Africa. Mahlatini Travel’s expert consultants have either lived or travelled extensively throughout Southern and Eastern Africa and all are deeply passionate about Africa and its wildlife. It is with this first-hand knowledge of the best locations and accommodations that Mahlatini are able to offer an unparalleled bespoke service, creating the perfect t African holiday. Mahlatini Travel is based in the United Kingdom but offer their services to an international client base.